Friday, March 26, 2010

Still on a birth high

My friends and photographer put together a slideshow of some of the highlights from Frank's pregnancy and birth. I have watched it a million times. I love it. It was such an amazing experience and I think the video really captures the experience. Dan picked the song (Soul and Body, by Death Cab for Cutie) and I think it is a perfect fit. I am still reeling from the experience. I would do it all over again. Having both a hospital birth and now a home birth, I can definitely say..."Do it at home people!!!!!!!" It takes away so much of the fear in birth which turns into pain. Of course, by choosing a home birth, you are hopefully more informed than the average woman, so that takes away the fear/pain too. I was laughing and smiling up until the end. I am so proud of myself and my body and of course Frank.



On another note, I forgot how tiring a newborn is. I was trying to prepare myself, but whew it is tough and I am only two weeks in. That being said, it is a little different this time. I am trying with all my might to breast feed Frankie. Breast is BEST! But I had a breast reduction 14 years ago, and this adds some challenges my way. With a reduction, my milk glands were cut and this can cause me to not make enough milk. I am planning on writing a whole post detailing my BFAR (Breast Feeding After Reduction) experience. But in the meantime, I am feeding every two hours or less. The first week I was supplementing with some donated breast milk but when Frankie was gaining a ton, we backed up off the supplements. Then he lost a ton so we are back to supplementing. We will find our groove I know, but it is hard work I tell you. I'm tired and my boobies are sore.

But I am in love...

No comments: